The first meeting showed the great enthusiasm of fellow researchers in Biomedical Engineering to exchange ideas and pass frontiers in this multidisciplinary field. The second meeting aims to build bridges between research field, and open new areas of research.
The conference is particularly aimed at BioMedical researchers working in the Netherlands, although researchers from abroad are welcome as well.
BME 2009 is sponsored by:
The organization is a joint enterprise of key organizations in the field of Biomedical Engineering:
· Dutch Society for Medical Physics (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Klinische Fysica, NVKF)
· KIVI-NIRIA, Division of Biomedical Technology
· IEEE-EMBS, Benelux chapter
· Dutch Society for Biophysics and Biomedical Engineering (Vereniging voor Biofysica en Biomedische technologie VVB-BMT)
· Graduate School Integrated BioMedical Engineering for restoration of human functions (IBME)
· Graduate School Instititute for Fundamental and Clinical Human Movement Sciences (IFKB)
· Institute of Biomedical Engineering Sciences & Technology / Eindhoven (BEST/e)
· TU Delft, UTwente, TU Eindhoven, RU Groningen, Radboud University Nijmegen, ErasmusMC.